Reports to: Director General
The Finance Director has overall responsibility for the provision and management of all the Authority financial and accounting systems, finance department, providing advice and guidance on matters relating to income and expenditure, proper management of Institution’s financial resources, maintenance of proper accounting systems, and efficient collection of revenue.
- Prepares short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for management and external parties;
- Monitors cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions;
- Oversees, reviews, and adheres to the budget
- Oversees all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning.
- Conducts the preparation of annual financial reports and coordinates annual audits;
- Analyzes and makes improvement, suggestions regarding finance administration;
- Ensures that the finance and financial administration functions are implemented efficiently and in a cost-effective manner;
- Establishes and manages a finance team able to effectively implement all key functions;
- Develops, implements and maintains accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting manual and other corporate policies required;
- Coordinates, analyzes and reports the financial performance to Management and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other related projects as required);
- Supervises financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.;
- Collects, interprets and reviews financial information;
- Ensures all financial transactions adhere to the Authority’s rules and regulations;
- Reports to and advises the Director General on Finance and Administration related matters; and
- Plans accounting and finance goals in alignment with Authority mission and objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Candidate must achieve ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) at professional level or have a master’s degree in finance and accounting or related discipline and have at least 7 years’ experience in financial and managerial accounting and analysis with a history of continuous improvement in cross-functional areas for both revenue and expenditure management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration and have at least 10 years’ Experience in financial and managerial accounting and analysis with a history of continuous improvement in cross-functional areas for both revenue and expenditure management.
Skills, knowledges or qualities:
- Ability to proactively work independently, to produce and lead exceptional performance within a team environment and to creatively resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Proficient with MS office.
- Interpersonal skills.
Deadline for submission:
All submissions must be received on or before Monday 1st August 2022.
How to apply?
All interested applicants should submit their application, CV and relevant documents to the Gambia Public Procurement Authority headquarters and addressed to the Director General.